Sande Snead was the 2012 Virginia Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Woman of the Year raising more than $31,000 during the 10-week campaign. She was also named to Inside Business magazine’s Top Forty Under 40.
She has won more than 50 state and national writing, public relations, marketing and advertising awards including 15 awards from the National Federation of Press Women.
The list also includes:
- National award, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials for VDOT’s centennial celebration book, “A History of Roads in Virginia: The Most Convenient Wayes [sic],” winter 2008
- Two bronze Telly Awards, TRAFFIX TV commercials, summer 2008
- First-place regional marketing award, Association for Commuter Transportation, winter 2007
- Commissioner’s Award of Excellence, Virginia Department of Transportation, fall 2005
- Two first-place awards, National Transportation Public Affairs Workshop, fall 2005
- First-place award for Furnish, International Newspaper Marketing Assoc./Editor & Publisher magazine, 2005
Sande Snead: Running to the Title of ‘Woman of the Year’